Carnet De Passage (CPD) Malaysia
Carnet De Passage Malaysia – A Carnet De Passage is a document that allows you to cross international borders with a vehicle and avoid paying customs charges. It is basically a promise that you will take the vehicle out of the country when you leave, or risk hefty penalties.
The carnet lists comprehensive details on your vehicle and its value and can be obtained from the local automobile association in your country. Often, a bank deposit is also needed.
Countries That requires Carnet De Passage
Not all countries require Carnet De Passage but the following do:
If you would like to have up to date information regarding carnet, please click on the link below.
If you’re not applying for Carnet De Passage in Malaysia, please contact your local Automobile association.
Below is the sample – Front cover of the Carnet de passage.
Carnet De Passage Application Requirements
The following information are required for applying Carnet De Passage for Malaysian registered vehicle:-
1. Authorized letter from the vehicle owner & copy of the owner’s N.R.I.C./ Passport (If the vehicle is not on your name).
2. A photocopy of the vehicle Registration Card and current Insurance Policy
3. A photocopy of the Driving Licence and IDP (International Driving Permit)
4. A photocopy of the I.C. OR Passport
5. Carnet cost RM650.00 per book
6. Carnet deposit will follow the vehicle market value. You can try to negotiate with AAM.
7. Carnet membership form (can be obtained at AAM office or via email)
8. Carnet de passage form (can be obtained at AAM office or via email)
In the past, travelers had to place a huge cash deposit at the custom as a guarantee for not selling the vehicles. Upon exiting the country, the deposit is returned. With the Carnet de Passage, it eliminates the need to lug around so much cash.
It will take them 3 working days to process the Carnet de passage, you can either collect it at their office or ask them to courier it to you.
Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) Location
For more and updated information on applying for carnet in Malaysia, you can contact Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) at;
225, Block 4, No. 7, Persiaran Sukan
Laman Seri Business Park,
Section 13, 40100 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
GPS Coordinate: 3.092163, 101.543601
Google Map: Automobile Association Malaysia Office
Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) Contact
Tel: +6 03-55111932
Fax: +6 03-55113357
Direct Contact AAM person in charge: Ms Salijah Woo @ +6 019 261 7109
If you have any questions, drop them at the comment box below and feel free to share this article via the social buttons.